About Me

My photo
Married, mother of 3, grandmother of 3. I have a 27 year old son that is the Bud-Man(Budweiser delivery driver), I have a 22 year old son that is in the Army National Guard, works full-time for the Guard and attends MTSU as a full-time student, I have a 17 year old a drama queen :)that is a senior in High School,she is also on the swim team.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

And Your Point Is?

There are those that wish for the fountain of youth, to win the lottery, to save the world, or become a rockstar. I mean really, who doesn't have some type of unrealistic/unrealized hopes and dreams? They slather on all types of lotions, potions, and creams. They spend their hard earned dollar on the slim to none chance of becoming a bizzillionaire. Hug a tree or dance around in front of the mirror, screeching into the hairbrush microphone. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one to judge....I always sometimes  do those things too.

Oh yeah...trust me when I tell you this, I have spent more money on the lotions to keep my face from falling onto the floor, than I feel comfortable sharing. I rarely buy a lottery ticket, I am just not that lucky. I don't dream of singing in front of a large, screaming crowd...I am simply not gifted in the vocal department, I do try not to be wasteful but let me be honest here...If anyone fell into my carbon footprint, I am sure that they would never be seen again. So in all reality, I can't afford to be wasteful anymore.

I have learned to live with all of my wrinkles, bags, stretchmarks and sags, At the end of the day, who really cares? There are several things that I hate about growing older. The worst being the fact that my memory sucks, there are days when I could hide my own Easter eggs. Seriously, I spend a lot of time wandering around trying to figure out what in the hell it was that I got up to do. Most the time it's something simple like go to the bathroom. One sneeze and I am jolted back into reality! I have tried all the vitamins and memory boosting herbal remedies. Changing my diet and exercising, I have tried notes and I forget to look at them, that is if I can even find them. Setting my phone timer and inevitably I will forget one step and it never goes off. I have seriously considered tying a string around my finger. I have no idea what makes me think I would know what the damn string is for.

Okay let's see....What was the point of this story? I'm not really sure where I am going with this. Unfortunately, when I started writing I did. Wow! Oh well, I have to laugh at myself otherwise I would be sitting, curled up in a ball, crying my eyes out! Ain't life grand?

4 comments:

  1. You sound just like me.....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're definitely not alone! I was feeling guilty because I was late giving my cat his medication, went to pick up his refill at the vet, came home, put it in the fridge, and almost forgot to actually give it to him. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lmao Patti, This morning I went into the kitchen to get a drink water so that I could take my medicine. Got the cup, walked into the den. Then it occurred to me that I had no idea if I had actually taken it. I had to do some quick mathmatics to decide how many pills I should have left if I had, and then count them! I had actually taken it so I'm glad that I didn't just run in and pop another :)

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget