About Me

My photo
Married, mother of 3, grandmother of 3. I have a 27 year old son that is the Bud-Man(Budweiser delivery driver), I have a 22 year old son that is in the Army National Guard, works full-time for the Guard and attends MTSU as a full-time student, I have a 17 year old a drama queen :)that is a senior in High School,she is also on the swim team.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Excitement In The Air

I love fall...The crispness in the air, the start of bonfires, fall festivals, corn mazes, and taking my grandchildren to the pumpkin patch. Haunted houses that my children love, though I refuse to go. I can't wait to decorate the yard for Halloween, the hay bales, cornstalks, and pumpkins that are carved into Jack-o-lanterns. It's the smell of my favorite spiced pumpkin candle burning in the kitchen, the small little bowls of candy corn and peanuts sitting around the house. Pumpkin spice lattes. Just thinking about these things lighten my mood.

Candy Corn and Peanut Mix (taste like Payday candy bars)

1 1/2 lbs of candy corn (I buy this up at the end of the year and freeze it)

2 1/2 lbs peanuts

Mix together in a large bowl. Place a few small bowls around the house.  Keep the rest in a sealed container and refill as necessary.

Some people add M&M's, and I have even seen some recipes that make cookies out of this mixture.

Pumpkin Spice Latte
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons canned pumpkin OR 1 teaspoon of  Pumpkin Spice Syrup (your choice)
2 tablespoons sugar or sugar substitute
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1-2 shots espresso (about 1/4 cup of espresso or 1/2 cup of strong brewed coffee if you don't have an espresso machine.)

In a saucepan combine milk, pumpkin and sugar and cook on medium heat, stirring, until steaming. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and spice, transfer to a blender and process for 15 seconds until foamy. If you don't have a blender, don't worry about it - just whisk the mixture really well with a wire whisk.
Pour into a large mug or two mugs. Add the espresso on top.


Optional: Top with whipped cream and sprinkle pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, or cinnamon.

For those of you in the Nashville area, there are several pumpkin patches around. These are a couple of my favorites...plus I love supporting locals :)

http://www.luckyladdfarms.com/

http://www.waldenfarm.biz/




My favorite spiced pumpkin candle by far is from Yankee Candle, although sometimes I just pick up a few of the smaller, less expensive ones from the dollar store or Wal-mart.

http://www.yankeecandle.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget