About Me

My photo
Married, mother of 3, grandmother of 3. I have a 27 year old son that is the Bud-Man(Budweiser delivery driver), I have a 22 year old son that is in the Army National Guard, works full-time for the Guard and attends MTSU as a full-time student, I have a 17 year old a drama queen :)that is a senior in High School,she is also on the swim team.

Friday, September 30, 2011

Just Call Me Cupcake

My husband loves these. I don't make them often because I really want him to appreciate them when I do. They are so moist and yummy and a relatively healthy alternative to other cakes.


Carrot Pumpkin Cupcakes

1 box of carrot cake mix
1 can of pumpkin
1/3 cup of water

Preheat oven to 350

Mix all ingredients
together, batter will be thick.

Pour into 24 paper-lined muffin cups

Bake 15 to 18 minutes

Let cupcakes cool completely then frost


Light Cream Cheese Frosting

1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp orange juice
1 egg white
1 cup low fat cream cheese , softened (8 oz package)
1/2 tsp grated orange peel
1/2 tsp vanilla extract


 
In 1-cup glass measuring cup, microwave sugar and orange juice for 1 minute; stir.

In small bowl, using electric mixer at high speed, beat egg white until soft peaks form; gradually add sugar mixture in a thin stream. Continue beating at high speed until mixture is thick and glossy, about 4 minutes; scrape bowl occasionally.

In medium bowl, using same beaters at high speed, beat cream cheese, orange peel and vanilla until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes; scrape bowl occasionally.

Add 1/3 of egg white mixture to cream cheese mixture, beating at low speed, just until blended. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in remaining egg white mixture until it is completely blended into cream cheese mixture.


Frost muffins and store covered in refrigerator

Top with chopped nuts



You can also replace the carrot cake mix with a chocolate cake mix!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had seen this before I went to the store today... definitely going to try it!

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget