About Me

My photo
Married, mother of 3, grandmother of 3. I have a 27 year old son that is the Bud-Man(Budweiser delivery driver), I have a 22 year old son that is in the Army National Guard, works full-time for the Guard and attends MTSU as a full-time student, I have a 17 year old a drama queen :)that is a senior in High School,she is also on the swim team.

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Biting My Tongue

I was doing my usual nothing yesterday when my phone rang. Trust me when I tell you that my phone never rings....I answered it and it was my husband. Kait had passed out at school after the blood drive.

I should preface this by saying that when she asked permission, I highly recommended that she reconsider her desire to do so. Not that I don't think it is an awesome thing to do....I just know my daughter. When it became apparent to me that she was not going to be discouraged, I agreed to allow her do it and told her that I didn't want to hear any complaints. Not one word about how it hurt, how she didn't feel good. I didn't wanna see bruises, the needle mark, nothing...not a word!

I answered my phone to the sound of her panic stricken father. She had gone back to class and sometime later passed out, fallen, and hit her head. They needed me at the school ASAP! He asked how long it would take me to get there because the school wanted him to call back with this information. Not really sure why he didn't already know that it would take me 15 to 20 minutes to get there, it isn't as if I could cut down on that time in anyway...that's beside the point though. Of course I had to throw in my - I told her not to do it - speech!

I get to the school, and these days the schools are locked up tighter than Fort Knox! You have to push a button on the speaker outside, and they in turn, push some button to let you in. I mean really? How is that safe? They have a camera, but if a bad person wanted in to do horrible things, do they think that they are gonna announce it before entering? Show up wearing a mask maybe? I think not!

Once inside, you have to go to the office and sign your name on a sign in sheet. Not paying attention I signed Kait's name(no one noticed). On the sheet you have to put your intended destination. They give you a sticker to put on your shirt....mine said attendance office. Then you are sent on your way (alone) to find this office.

I finally make it to the attendance office, sign their little sheet, and wait....and wait....and wait! Then I am asked who I am there for. I explain the situation and they lead me to the nurse's room in another area of the school. Sigh. So much for safety :\

Kait hears me talking in the hallway and I hear the nurse saying "That must be your mother that you hear, you're crying again". I go into the room and she looked so pitiful laying there with mascara running down her face, her clothes wet with the Gatorade that was in her hand when she went down.  As bad I as wanted to give her my I told you so speech....I couldn't do it. She was doing a good deed after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget