About Me

My photo
Married, mother of 3, grandmother of 3. I have a 27 year old son that is the Bud-Man(Budweiser delivery driver), I have a 22 year old son that is in the Army National Guard, works full-time for the Guard and attends MTSU as a full-time student, I have a 17 year old a drama queen :)that is a senior in High School,she is also on the swim team.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Guilt Free Pasta

I must admit....I am a pasta nut!!! I love pasta and would eat it everyday if I could. I was looking for a pasta recipe that had all the things that I like and didn't come up with anything that wouldn't take forever to make. So I just started throwing things in the pan, just happened to turn out amazing!

You can adjust the ingredients as you like, go ahead and try it!

Whole Grain Linguini With Chicken, Mushrooms, And Broccoli

Ingredients

2 chicken breast - cut into bite size chunks
2 tablespoons EVOO
1/2 small onion - chopped
8 oz fresh mushroom -sliced
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
8 oz broccoli - blanched
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
7 oz whole grain linguini - cooked according to
                                            package direction
2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf pasley

Directions

In a large skillet, heat olive oil, add chicken and onions, cook until chicken is done

Add mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are soft

Add blanched broccoli, chicken broth

Season with salt and pepper, reduce heat to low.

After the pasta is cooked, drain combine chicken, mushroom mixture to pasta and stir in the parsley.

Serve in pasta bowl, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget