About Me

My photo
Married, mother of 3, grandmother of 3. I have a 27 year old son that is the Bud-Man(Budweiser delivery driver), I have a 22 year old son that is in the Army National Guard, works full-time for the Guard and attends MTSU as a full-time student, I have a 17 year old a drama queen :)that is a senior in High School,she is also on the swim team.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Helping Justin Work On The Pathfinder

Wow, today was a miserable day. I have struggled all day long. It's not that I really even have anything against Mondays. I don't work and usually can't even tell you what day it is. But I spent this weekend with Justin and I am really paying for it today. I forget that I am not as young as I use to be, and payback for forgetting that is getting harder and harder to recover from.

Saturday, I busted up at his house while he was busy fixing toilets, trying to figure out what was wrong with Shandi's car, and complete his long to do list...I showed up with a 12 pack and most of that came to a screeching halt. Now we did take care of the budget thing. But other than that....Nothing. The day ended with us sitting on the deck doing one of my favorite things in the world...me listening to Justin and Kaitlin singing.

Sunday, I felt kinda bad for de-railing his plans. So Doug and I go over to Justin's house. I wanted Doug to try to figure out was wrong with Shandi's car. He decided that it was the blower motor. I got busy asking Siri for phone numbers to the local auto parts places. Found out that most places didn't have them in stock and a couple places could have them in the next day (not good with Justin's schedule). Finally found a place that had them in stock and Doug gave us a quick lesson in installing fan motors...cake...we could do it. Doug went on his way and Justin and I went to the parts store.



Once we got back with the blower motor, we realized that we didn't have a tool that we needed,  wire cutters, because the factory fan motor
plugged in and this one....well didn't. So back to the parts store.



We get back with that and then we realized that we needed some wire nuts. Yep...again, back to the parts store. Each trip to the store called for a drink. After we get all the stuff together...put it in....well Justin put it in, I offered moral support, the damn thing didn't work. Time to take it to Smyrna and to Doug. That called for another drink...sigh.


Turns out that it wasn't even the blower motor. It might be something called the auto amp? Holy crap...next time that car gets worked on....I'm just gonna stay the hell away.

I'm not complaining....we had a great time. I'm just really dragging today. And trust me, I definitely know it's Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget