About Me

My photo
Married, mother of 3, grandmother of 3. I have a 27 year old son that is the Bud-Man(Budweiser delivery driver), I have a 22 year old son that is in the Army National Guard, works full-time for the Guard and attends MTSU as a full-time student, I have a 17 year old a drama queen :)that is a senior in High School,she is also on the swim team.

Saturday, October 1, 2011

No More Excuses

Lunch is the most challanging meal of the day. For people that work, it's just so much easier to eat out. This can cause you to have too many calories, too much fat, and not get enough fiber, and nutrients.

Plan ahead and this really isn't that big of a deal, or even as hard as leaving work, to go out and eat food that is terrible for you. I make my husband's lunch the night before, while I am making dinner, it doesn't take that much effort and I already have to clean up after dinner anyway. I package it in resealable containers and put it in the refridgerator. In the morning he simply puts it in his lunchbox/cooler. No trouble at all!



Curried Chicken Salad



1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise

1 teaspoon curry powder

2 teaspoons water

1 cup chopped boneless, skinless chicken breast

3/4 cup chopped apple (1 small)

2 teaspoons lemon juice

1/3 cup diced celery

5 tablespoons raisins

1/8 teaspoon salt



Combine mayonnaise, curry powder, and water in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Add the Grilled Lemon-Herb Chicken, chopped apple, celery, raisins, and salt; stir mixture well to combine. Cover and chill



I usually have this with whole grain crackers or on Nature's Own Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds

I also keep fresh fruit and veggies cut up in bite size peices in the refridgerator.

Greek Yogurt is also great for lunch (like OIKOS Greek Yogurt on Facebook and they will donate 10¢ to the National Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc.
https://www.facebook.com/oikos?ref=ts&sk=app_150004961754980#!/oikos?sk=app_150004961754980 )



No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget