About Me

My photo
Married, mother of 3, grandmother of 3. I have a 27 year old son that is the Bud-Man(Budweiser delivery driver), I have a 22 year old son that is in the Army National Guard, works full-time for the Guard and attends MTSU as a full-time student, I have a 17 year old a drama queen :)that is a senior in High School,she is also on the swim team.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Lunch On The Veranda Darling

I love to eat lunch outside on the deck....yeah, I know I said veranda, but who am I kidding ;) I've told y'all that I live in my own little world and that it's a nice place to be. In my mind it's my own little bar and grill! Honestly though... my verdanda is just an old, worn-out covered, wooden deck. But I do love it. I love the ceiling fan...even though you can see the wires due to self-installation, low budget style!

I read somewhere that you a ziplock baggy full of water with a penny in it, keeps the flies away. Let me tell you, this is NOT true. I almost think that it attracts them. Either way...the flies will annoy the damn-it out of me if I don't have my handy, dandy, duct-tape fly-swatter.

Lunch on the deck is especially nice this time of year when the temperture isn't sweltering. Today at noon...temp will be a comfortable 77 degrees!

My favorite lunch is tuna salad! I eat this a few times a week.


Tuna Salad Sandwich/Wraps

1 (7 ounce) can white tuna, drained and flaked

3 tablespoons light mayonnaise

1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese

3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish

1/4 tsp salt and black pepper

1 tablespoon dried parsley

1 teaspoon dried dill weed

1 pinch garlic powder

1/2 small onion - chopped

2 hard boiled eggs - chopped


spinach leaves

Sliced tomatoes

In a medium bowl, stir together the tuna, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, onion, pickle relish, and eggs. Season with salt, pepper, parsley, dill and garlic powder. Mix well and serve on your favorite whole wheat bread or tortilla topped with spinach leaves and sliced tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget