About Me

My photo
Married, mother of 3, grandmother of 3. I have a 27 year old son that is the Bud-Man(Budweiser delivery driver), I have a 22 year old son that is in the Army National Guard, works full-time for the Guard and attends MTSU as a full-time student, I have a 17 year old a drama queen :)that is a senior in High School,she is also on the swim team.

Monday, October 10, 2011

My Middle Child...Crazy Woman, Random Blog

I got up this morning and made breakfast. Then I headed for the Greenway in Murfreesboro. It's a little out of the way, but I was on my way to clean Jonathan's apartment, with that in mind....not so much out of the way.

I got to the Greenway and man could I tell that I haven't been walking the way that I should. I was about 1/2 into the trail when I realized that if I didn't turn around and go back...I may have to call an ambulance...Seriously! I turned back and headed to the car. I have gone from walking 2 hours a day, to struggling through 45 minutes         :( That must change!

I then headed to Jonathan's apartment. As soon as I got there, I stripped the bed, threw the sheets in the wash and then gathered up all the cleaning stuff to tackle the bathrooms. Too my surprise...they were barely dirty. Sure I scrubbed the showers, toilets, sinks, and counter tops. I even washed the rugs, swept and mopped the floors. Ahhh...you couldn't even tell I had done the first thing...but it smelled really good.

I then tackled the kitchen. I worked so hard washing the 2 dishes that were in the sink, wiping counters, cleaning out the microwave, sweeping and mopping the floors. Other than the dishes, it looked exactly the same!

Next was the living room. I dusted the tables, straightened the coaster. Vacuumed the floors....how in the hell was he ever gonna know that I was there?

The sheets were done drying when the door suddenly opened and in walked Jonathan! Yay! He would know Momma had been there because here he was!

I made the bed and started another load of laundry.
Jonathan started working on a paper that is due tomorrow. I sat down at the table that was now covered in folders, books, and his laptop. I was just watching him work. I noticed a paper with a big A on it and pulled it out of his folder. I started reading this paper and was so impressed. My mathematical son was an amazing writer with a very eloquent way with words.

I loved reading this paper and getting to experience his journey to Iraq last year. His deepest thoughts and the fears that he had. You see, Jonathan is such a modest man. He never brags or boast. He always down plays everything that he does. So to see this in writing and in his own words left me speachless and with a tear running down my cheek.

I am so proud of all of my children, but this paper was very special to me. If we ask him how his experience in Iraq was, he always replies that it was like a paid vacation. That is what I love the most about Jonathan....he never complains.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget