About Me

My photo
Married, mother of 3, grandmother of 3. I have a 27 year old son that is the Bud-Man(Budweiser delivery driver), I have a 22 year old son that is in the Army National Guard, works full-time for the Guard and attends MTSU as a full-time student, I have a 17 year old a drama queen :)that is a senior in High School,she is also on the swim team.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sweet Treats That Save The Day

For the most part I have given up the fried chicken, late night trips to sonic for banana splits, diet drinks, fattening treats.

I despise the prepackaged 100 calorie treats! There is just enough in there to piss me off!

I do keep some special items on hand for when the cravings and urges get too much to take. When I have a few of these things in the house, I'm less likely to run out for the DQ Blizzard or the McD McFlurry :)

Just remember to go easy on these things....just because they are there, doesn't mean that you have to eat it all in one day!

I am gonna share with you guys my ten favorite less than 100 calorie treats!



Hope y'all enjoy them as much as I do

 

1) Root Beer Float

My all time favorite!!! Pour diet root beer into frozen mug with around 1/4 cup scoop of light vanilla ice cream! OMG it is so yummy and just about 50 Calories.


2) Edy's All Natural Fruit Bars

50 calories of frozen heaven on a stick!

 

3) Sugar Free Jello-O With Cool Whip

Love the convenience of these single serving treats! The gelatin has just 10 calories, the Cool Whip adds 25 calories!



4) Peach

Increasing your fiber intake (at least 25 grams a day) can significantly lower your heart disease risk, and a peach provides nearly 2 grams. It can be hit or miss with fresh seasonal fruits but I buy these and store them in a brown paper bag for a day or so. Around 40 calories for a peachy treat!

5) Maraschino Cherries

5 cherries for a quick 50 calorie sweet treat. Or pop one on top of you Sugar free Jell-0 and Cool Whip cup for an additional 10 calories!

6) Sugar-Free Baskin Robbins Hard Candies

50 calories for 5 pieces! That's a lot of love for a long time!!!


7) Jelly Belly Sugar-Free Jelly Beans

At 46 calories for 20 beans....these babies make me smile :) 0 fat, 0 cholesterol, 0 sugar!


8) Orville Redenbacher Smart Pop Kettle Korn

Sweet and salty! 3 cups is just 55 calories, and the smell of popcorn popping is calorie free!







9) Quaker Quakes Caramel Corn Rice Snacks

I love these mini rice snacks! 5 of them are just 40 calories. They are low in sugar and have no fat or cholesterol!



10) Private Selection (Kroger) French Vanilla Sugar Free Fat Free Coffee Drink Mix

At 25 calories a serving....need I say more?
 





















No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget